12.22.2009

"Horses, Horses, Horses..."

Dear Reader,
Every Christmas season my sister and I randomly add a bit of holiday quirkiness [read: weirdness] to the hustle and bustle by randomly inserting the line, "Horses, Horses, Horses..." to otherwise mundane bits of conversation.

Do you know where it comes from?
I'll give you a hint: it must be belted out in Meg-Ryan-style, to the tune of Jingle Bells, to be authentic. 

Oh, and yes, we already know it's weird. But somehow it makes us feel all ready for the holidays and December just wouldn't be the same without, "Horses, horses, horses!"

It's just what we do.

My point is this, we all have these family traditions. Funny little things that make us feel at home.

Oddly, one of our newer holiday tradition also involves horses. Every December 18th and 12:45 pm, we go flying over the stony valleys of the Rocky mountains, in a small plane, hoping to catch glimpses of wild horse herds.

 



It makes us feel small.


And reminds us to be thankful for our freedom.

Connects us to our wild side, our inner spirit animal...

























Or not!

[Raucous Laughter] Sorry, I couldn't help it. Things were getting much too serious around here.

We can't have that, can we?


This holiday season, please take a minute out of your hectic schedule to enjoy a laugh or two... or ten. You can laugh at me. You can laugh in honor of me. You can dedicate your rip-roaring, rib-busting, baby-waking cackles to my approaching insanity. You can forget about me all together. But whatever you do, the point is to have a good  old-fashioned knee-slapper.

Fill the halls with merriment, because it'll make you feel good inside and that is the best gift of all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading my scribbles and for your sweet comments. 

Ho-ho-ho, Merry Christmas.

Love,
Laughing All the Way in NE

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your efforts in giving us a laugh :D
    I'm going to need to think of this plenty in the next week....hope you'll be around some to help remind me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanting her bigger sister to know that she wants her to know, Lil' SisDecember 22, 2009 at 11:38 AM

    Hooray 4 horses!
    Rae,I always knew that you knew I knew you knew that I LOVE horses!

    Kit-Kat
    P.S.I need you to know that I want you to know that I am about to say something...MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!
    (just so ya know)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much for the reminder to laugh. Just when I thought I was going to break down and cry...feeling just slightly overwhelmed at the moment. I am going to go find something to laugh at...just what I don't know, but by golly I am going to find it. Got a mirror?

    Have a great holiday Rae

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments make me smile.