6.23.2010

Did Ya Know Dat? Guinea-fowl Edition


While we were in MO recently, I learned a thing or two about Guinea-fowl.
(AKA: Guineas)

Since you're nice I'll share the knowledge.

***
1. Guineas prefer running to flying.
Silly birds.


2. They are stylishly dressed in polka-dots.



3. Guinea-fowl fly up in trees to escape snakes.
This I can relate to.

4. Guinea rears are much bigger than Guinea heads.
Another thing I understand.

5. They taste like chicken.



6. They eat lice and ticks.
 That could come in handy!

7. Guinea eggs do not come from guinea-pigs.

***
Share this with your children and call it science.

It's what I'd do.

5 comments:

  1. I'm all for stylish polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear "That is so Science",

    I had forgotten about the polka dot feathers. Hope you brought some home to decorate SOMEthing anyway.

    love,
    We need some guinea hens HERE
    at
    KeoniCountry
    in
    NE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the science lesson today!
    We need hens here, guinea or not, and love those polka dots too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the lesson...I didn't know most of that! polka dot feathers are the best part :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments make me smile.