8.29.2011

Ugg... August Is Over!

Dear Friends,
I'm whining and I know it.
You don't have to listen.

I just am not OK with Summer being basically over.
But other than that...

I'm fine.
We're fine.


He's fine.


The first part of August was a lot about him.
The older two were having a Nana and Papa fix before school started. So it was just him, me and two uncles at home during the day.

So it was a lot about what he wanted to do.
We went the speed that worked for him (read:fast).


What a face!

The children's museum was a lot less hectic with only one child's whims to follow. The uncles just tagged along and tried to act like they weren't having the time of their life.


 Lady's man, Pip, picked up a few chicks.

Ahem...
Son! We need to talk...


But then, who could resist such a handsome fireman?
How the rascal makes his mama's heart go pitter-patter.


And the game of Life goes on.
But most days it doesn't feel like a game.
It feels real.
And the pieces seem huge.


We traded the two uncles back for the older siblings just in time for the county fair.


Our girl, Bee, was an exhibitor for the first time. This is her first year in 4-H and she loves it.


Then we had a few lazy, sun-soaking days.
Picnics in the yard.



Smiles.
Swinging.

How I love this boy.

Then it was time for school to start.
Boom! That was August.

Love,
Ready or Not in NE

4 comments:

  1. I am not ready for summer to be over either.
    It does feel distinctly like fall these days (especially mornings) tho!
    The days--blink and they're gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Summers' tail,

    err....tale? Love seeing all these pix!! That little Pip is flitting out of babyhood faster than Summer is flitting away. But, he is becoming an even more charming package than ever.
    Crazy Summer, here at Keoni....but I am glad for the lazy days of August after a very busy June and July.

    love,
    These last 2 days of August
    in
    NE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. Oh how I hear you. And I know EXACTLY what you're talking about it. As far as I'm concerned, it's as if August never even happened. Fun to see your pictures and see that it actually did happen for someone, though. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I feel yet about summer being over. I haven't had time to think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments make me smile.